This person will form a key part of the Cégep Heritage College Men's Hockey program reporting directly to the Student Life Manager. The principal and customary work of this employee consists in directing the energies of Heritage student athletes and developing a dynamic training program. Furthermore, the head coach will be responsible for supervising and stewarding students during games to ensure representation that is in line with the directives of the college.
- Student-athlete recruitment.
- Team selection and adhering to compliance protocols.
- Lead all practices, games and daily dry-land.
- Supervise and manage the conduct of players both on and off the ice.
- Enforce all team rules – set-forth by Student Life Manager.
- Assist players in moving to higher-level leagues and / or colleges upon age-out or when skills exceed Heritage College level.
- Ensure that all team resources are managed and maintained properly.
- Personnel management (Assistant coach, etc.).
- Program evaluation.
- Have a positive image for the student athletes and proper representation of the college.
- Steward athletes in athletic conduct and integrity.
- Supervise and develop team fundraising events and opportunities.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- A minimum of 5 years Hockey coaching experience with RSEQ, CIS/NCAA, club, provincial, or national team programs.
- Must hold a current First Aid/CPR certification.
- A police background check will be required.
- Must possess excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with associated College staff.
- Must possess very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills; discretion and tact are a must.
- Knowledge of the Quebec Cégep system would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly in French would be considered an asset.
- NCCP certification, or other similar certifications would be considered an asset.
Les candidats désireux de postuler doivent soumettre leur curriculum vitae accompagné des documents pertinents EN LIGNE au moyen de notre site web http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Au-dessus de l'affichage, cliquez sur "Postuler". Vous pourrez créer votre compte et télécharger votre CV et lettre de présentation.
Veuillez noter que seules les demandes en ligne seront prises en considération.
N.B. : Les candidats peuvent être tenus de se soumettre à des tests de sélection. Seuls les candidats sélectionnés pour une entrevue seront contactés.