Web and Desktop Programming
420-R01-HR Web Page Design (60 hours)
(January 4 to January 21, 2019)
Students are introduced to web design, HTML, XHTML, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). They build web sites using a text editor and using a web authoring tool. Students learn how to use graphics, typography, colour, navigation, and forms and how to create a consistent look in their web sites. They create and integrate multimedia content, such as images, sounds, video, and animation, into a web site.
420-W01-HR Java Script with Libraries (75 hours)
(January 22 to February 11, 2019)
420-Y22-HR Server Side Scripting (60 hours)
(February 12 to February 27, 2019)
Students continue to learn about server-side development. They develop and deploy applications using Java Server Pages and Servlets and deploy them to a web server in Windows and Linux. They develop applications using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
420-W11-HR Server Side Scripting with PHP (45 hours)
(February 28 to March 12, 2019)
Students learn about server-side development. They develop and deploy web applications using a server-side scripting language on both Windows and Linux servers. They continue to learn about emerging web technologies. The programming language PHP is used in this course.
420-W21-HR Web Applications in .NET (75 hours)
(March 13 to April 2, 2019)
Students learn to develop ASP.NET Web applications. The course focuses on user interface, web site structure, web site functionality and implementation details. Students learn to connect to databases and learn the connected and disconnected styles of interacting with a database.
420-X22-HR Advanded Web Applications and Web Services (75 hours)
(April 3 to April 25, 2019)
Students learn to create well-formed and valid XML documents and schemas, to display XML data in a web browser, and to transform XML data into different formats. They learn about AJAX technology and are introduced to a framework for building applications using service oriented architecture. They develop applications that create and consume web services in .NET.
420-Y23-HR Final Integrated Project (90 hours)
(April 26 to May 17, 2019)
Students use the skills they have learned over in the duration of the course to produce a final project which incorporates the skills from all the courses. The result is a single system which consists partly of a desktop application and partly of the web application. The system must gather and use data from a database.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Les candidats désireux de postuler doivent soumettre leur curriculum vitae accompagné des documents pertinents EN LIGNE au moyen de notre site web http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Au-dessus de l'affichage, cliquez sur "Postuler". Vous pourrez créer votre compte et télécharger votre CV et lettre de présentation.
Veuillez noter que seules les demandes en ligne seront prises en considération.
N.B. : Les candidats peuvent être tenus de se soumettre à des tests de sélection. Seuls les candidats sélectionnés pour une entrevue seront contactés.