101-NYA-05 General Biology I
(Monday to Thursday from June 20th to July 25th, 2019 from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m.)
The main objective of General Biology I is to view life forms as the result of the evolutionary process. By recognizing and characterizing life forms with respect to their structure, genetic features and mutual interactions with the environment, students are invited to develop an understanding of the physical, chemical and biological elements that affect life. Case studies and laboratory exercises are designed to complement the theory component of the course. Activities include field sampling, cellular microscopy, chromatography, electrophoresis, antibiotic sensitivity testing and data analysis software.
In a general way, the professor's teaching load shall include: preparation of course outline; preparation of classes, labs and fieldwork; teaching classes, labs and fieldwork; adaptation; support and supervision of students; preparation, invigilation and correction of examinations; revision of corrections at the students' request; participation in departmental meetings and other activities when required.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Les candidat(e)s souhaitant postuler doivent soumettre leur curriculum vitae accompagné des documents pertinents EN LIGNE au moyen de notre site web http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Au-dessus de l'affichage, cliquez sur "Postuler". Vous pourrez créer votre compte et télécharger votre CV et votre lettre de présentation.
Veuillez noter que seules les demandes en ligne seront prises en considération.
N.B. : Les candidat(e)s peuvent être tenu(e)s de se soumettre à des tests de sélection. Seul(e)s les candidat(e)s sélectionné(e)s pour une entrevue seront contacté(e)s.